In 2009, AURAEKO successfully implemented and certified an Environmental Management System complying with ISO 14001:2015. The system helps an organisation to run its business in an environmentally responsible manner, and therefore:
- methodically assess the environmental impact of the company’s operations,
- take effective measures to mitigate negative environmental impacts,
- monitor the effects of its own operations in relation to the surroundings.
For AURAEKO, continuous improvement of the Environmental Management System is a natural endeavour to improve the quality of services and the efficient use of available resources. The company regards its environmental performance as a long-term goal stemming from the specific nature of the industry.
AURAEKO Organizacja Odzysku Sprzętu Elektrycznego i Elektronicznego S.A. and AURAEKO BATERPAK Organizacja Odzysku Opakowań S.A. carry out their statutory activities related to the organisation of the system of: collection of waste equipment, treatment and recovery of electrical and electronic equipment, recovery and recycling of bulk and transport packaging, batteries and accumulators, and education of the general public while respecting the principles of sustainable development and environmental protection, in accordance with the law and other applicable requirements.
We implement the Environmental Management System in accordance with the requirements of
PN-EN ISO 14001:2015
Alongside the delivery of measures regulated by legal and other requirements, there are a number of measures whose standardisation under the implemented Environmental Management System contributes to continuous anti-pollution efforts, at every stage of our operations, in terms of:
- achieving the highest possible rates of recovery and recycling of waste electrical and electronic equipment and waste packaging, batteries, and accumulators,
- developing an effective recovery and recycling system,
- raising public awareness and knowledge about the sustainable management of environmental resources.
By setting standards for the above-mentioned activities, the management of AURAEKO Organizacja Odzysku Sprzętu Elektrycznego i Elektronicznego S.A. and AURAEKO BATERPAK Organizacja Odzysku Opakowań S.A. undertakes to:
- comply with legal and other environmental requirements;
- set environmental objectives and schemes on the basis of identified significant direct and indirect environmental aspects,
- fulfil the obligations on recovery and recycling of waste electrical and electronic equipment and waste packaging, batteries, and accumulators, taking into account their environmental impact,
- establish cooperation with proven Partners whose technology used in the recovery and recycling process is safe for the environment,
- provide training to the company’s employees, Partners, Customers and the general public in order to raise their knowledge and awareness and actively promote the principles of sustainable development and continuous environmental improvement,
- cooperate with environmental authorities,
- pursue a transparent and open environmental policy that takes into account the needs of society and is accessible to the public at www.auraeko.pl, https:/www.facebook.com/auraekopl/,
- continuously improve the environmental management system,
- meet legal requirements.
The President of AURAEKO Organizacja Odzysku Sprzętu Elektrycznego i Elektronicznego S.A. and AURAEKO BATERPAK Organizacja Odzysku Opakowań S.A ensures that environmental policy is understandable, implemented and maintained in the entire organization and adequate resources are ensured for its realization, so that all employees could fully participate in achieving and improving environmental management system.